New LS R-7 Summit Tech / MIC facility continues to take shape

// Posted By Janie Rohlfing

The Lee’s Summit R-7 School District’s new Summit Technology Academy / Missouri Innovation Campus (MIC) continues to take shape thanks to the district’s 2015 no-tax-increase bond issue. Approved by close to 80 percent of voters, the $40 million bond issue is funding the new school as well as facility improvements at all Lee’s Summit R-7 schools.

To view a drone video of the progress at the new Summit Tech / MIC, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A7II0hgIP8. The new school is scheduled to open in August 2017.

Summit Technology Academy is an innovative and advanced experience that prepares high-school juniors and seniors for college and career success. The Missouri Innovation Campus is a progressive collaboration between the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District, Metropolitan Community College and the University of Central Missouri. The Missouri Innovation Campus, established in 2012 at Summit Technology Academy, is a nationally recognized program that accelerates the time it takes students to complete a four-year degree, significantly reduces college debt and provides job-ready skills that are highly sought after by businesses.

Thanks to a unique partnership with the University of Central Missouri, Lee’s Summit R-7 and the university are constructing and making plans to operate this cost-saving new facility. Under the plan, Lee’s Summit R-7 is paying approximately 40 percent of the new school with UCM paying the remaining 60 percent. The new facility is located near Ward and Tudor Road.

Get Social

Facebook

 

Instagram

 

YouTube

 

District Newsletter Signup

mail


Other News Publications