This is the 10th year that the City of Lee’s Summit will participate in the sales tax holiday which waives the city sales tax on eligible back-to-school items. Items such as articles of clothing, supplies, computers, computer software and the following items will receive the tax break:
- Clothing – articles having a taxable value of $100 or less
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less
- Personal computers – not to exceed $1,500
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $1,500
- Graphing calculators – not to exceed $150.
For more information about the holiday, check out the Missouri Department of Revenue website.