LSR7 Online Registration
The Lee’s Summit R-7 School District is excited to announce that we are implementing a new online registration system that families will use to register returning students.
- Opens July 6, 2017 (24 hours a day/7 day a week access). Click here to access the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Families will be able to confidentially upload necessary residency requirements, update immunization records and complete required payments all in an online system.
This will ultimately decrease the amount of time families are asked to spend at schools completing their registration.
**Important Time Saving Information**
In order to save time, it is important to gather required documents that will be needed for registration and ensure you have access to update your student's medical and personal information. The required documents include:
- ALL students will be required to upload Proof of Residency Documentation. This documentation can be in PDF form or an uploaded image. To learn more about documents accepted as Proof of Residency, please click this link.
- Each student must also have an up-to-date Immunization Record. If your child’s record is NOT up-to-date, a required upload of the new updated record will be required.
- PowerSchool Parent Access Information for each child you will be registering.
Follow these 3 steps to complete registration:
- Create your account in PowerSchool Parent Portal. Directions are available here.
- Once the account is created, you are ready to update the student record in InfoSnap Online Registration using the directions found here.
- The final step is to Make Payment following these directions for all required items including the Chromebook insurance, and any fees/fines your student may have.
**New Families to the District**
New families, your first step is to contact your student's school to begin the enrollment process. Once you have your SnapCode from the school, new families can begin the next step by clicking here.
Online Enrollment will be available beginning July 6, 2017 for students returning to the Lee’s Summit R7 School District.
- You will need any one of the following: desktop computer, laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone with Internet capabilities.
- You need a reliable Internet connection.
- You will need an electronic copy of your Proof of Residency information. If you do not have an electronic copy, you can use a scanner or a scanner app on your tablet or smartphone to get the paper copy into an electronic format.
- Household information — address and phone numbers
- Parent information — work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student information — demographic and health/medication information
- Emergency contact — phone numbers
Contact your individual school if you have any questions about the mandatory items or additional items for payment.
Online Enrollment is a web-based portal for parents and guardians to submit an application to enroll either new students to LSR7 schools or continuing students.
Yes, the process to approve records is done on an individual student basis. Therefore, we need to see the residency file for each child. Example, if you have an elementary and middle school child you will upload the proof of residency document 2 times. Click here for a how to video on how to upload documents.
Correct whatever information is allowed to be changed. Note that some information cannot be changed online using Infosnap and will need to be changed in person at the school.
IF you have your proof of residency and all other necessary items, online registration should not take more than 30 minutes per child. If you need to step away, InfoSnap will save your session and you can resume later by logging back into your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Yes. In addition to the Health Information needed, there are several agreement questions that must be answered each year for your child’s health and safety, technology access, and participation in instructional programs.
Parents should have all the following information at hand before beginning to fill out the information to avoid having to go to the school if a mistake is made. • Residency documents; • Student-specific information you may need to enter, such as unique medical information; • Any required registration documents that need to be scanned/uploaded/ verified at the school (immunization record, birth certificate, etc.)
Yes. The district will require new and returning student families to complete this process on an annual basis. Returning student families will only be asked to verify existing information on forms pre-populated with the student information already housed in PowerSchool.
For new student enrollment throughout the year, each school office will provide a device to assist families. Families can also access public computers at all Mid-Continent Public Library locations. Elementary buildings will be having an Open House for new families who need assistance on July 25 during regular school hours. The elementary school offices open full time the week of July 17. The secondary building offices are open year round for families who need assistance with completing the online registration.
Yes, you can register anywhere with an internet connection.
Yes. You can access the online enrollment system from Android and iOS devices.
Yes. As long as the application is not submitted via a Submit button as the final step, applications can be saved if more data entry is needed and reopened at a later time. You will re-enter via the account you set up when you began the enrollment / registration process.
No, the system does not allow changes to a submitted enrollment/registration form. A parent would need to contact their child’s school if a change needs to be made.
Questions marked with a red asterisk (*) require a response, and the process is not complete until those questions are answered.
Once the online registration process is completed, parents will receive a confirmation of submission screen and an email.
Once all information has been entered for the student with an electronic signature, click “Submit.” A preview page will appear to review information entered for each page letting the parent know if any required fields are missing. Upon final confirmation of submission, the parent/guardian should proceed to the final step of making payment. These directions can be found here.
Will students new to the district and students returning to the district complete the same on-line enrollment process?
Parents/guardians of new students to the Lee’s Summit R7 School District should call the school to begin the enrollment process. The contact information can be found here. Students returning to the district will use the information found on the district’s online registration page to update their student record.
No. If you are registering more than one child, you can utilize the same account, but you will have to enter each child’s unique snapcode. If the additional child is new to the District, he/she WILL NOT have a snapcode and must be registered as a new student..
Each child will have to be registered through the online process. After completing registration for one child, a parent can simply click a link to begin registration for a second child.
If you have general questions that are not technology related, please call your child’s school.
If you are having issues with the infosnap program, such as if you have forgotten the unique username and password you created for online registration or if the username and/or password is not working, you must contact infosnap for assistance: 866-752-6850 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to make a change – prior to submitting the form – you can either navigate back to the page using the Previous button. Or, if you are on the Review page, click on the underlined field. If you have already submitted the form, then you will need to contact your student’s school, so staff members can make the changes for you.
If you don’t know what the question is asking, don’t hesitate to call your school if you have a question about a specific item.
InfoSnap is the District’s new online enrollment system. InfoSnap will replace our annual paper registration packets, saving you valuable time. Infosnap is a secure process that allows the District to verify all student information for your child prior to the start of the new school year. The system will also allow you to electronically sign the annual permission forms for school district policies.