Kindergarten Kickoff events for the 2024-25 school year will be from 5 to 6 p.m. on March 7, 2024 at all elementary sites.
Parents and students attend this Open House event to:
- Meet school staff
- Register early
- Learn about the Summer Learning Institute
2024-25 Kindergarten Registration
- Early registration information is shared with families at Kindergarten Kickoff.
- Additional registration information will be posted on each school website.
- The online registration portal will open at Kindergarten Kickoff on March 7 and remain open through May 21.
- Registration is an annual process in LSR7 for all families. Plan on reconfirming information when registration opens for the entire district in July 2024.
LSR7 kindergarten programs focus on providing a nurturing environment that fosters both academic and social growth while allowing children to begin to develop personal responsibility and independence. Wondering if your child is ready for kindergarten?
Take advantage of free and optional screening service provided by Lee’s Summit R-7 Parents as Teachers.
To be eligible to enter Kindergarten for the 2024-25 school year, your child must reach the age of 5 before August 1, 2024. For more information about school entrance requirements, you may also reference our Board of Education School Admissions Policy (JEC).
Find Your School
Uncertain where your student will attend kindergarten? Visit our Boundary Map page.
Summer Learning Institute
Learn more about Summer Learning Institute, LSR7's K-8 summer enrichment program.
Is your child entering Kindergarten in the 2024-25 school year? Fill out our interest form below and we'll be sure to send you relevant information about kindergarten events and early registration in Spring 2024.
To be eligible to enter Kindergarten for the 2024-25 school year, your child must reach the age of 5 before August 1, 2024.
Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Education
Dr. Heather Kenney