Before & After School Services YMCA
Before and After School Services is supported through a partnership with the YMCA of Greater Kansas City.
The mission of our Before and After School Services YMCA program is to provide support to families by caring for their children during out of school time in a safe, nurturing, fun and educational environment. Our programs include:
Kids Country Y Club, our K-5 program offered at each of our 18 elementary schools
Kids Country Y-Club is also available on certain non-school days, and inclement weather days. BASS YMCA Summer Camp is held throughout the summer; Before & After during Summer Learning Institute and all day camp in July and Aug.
We believe that . . .
- Children should be respected, nurtured and encouraged.
- Children should develop positive relationships when exposed to dedicated and committed staff and community.
- Children should reach their highest potential when successful partnerships with families are established.
- Children should have choices to be exposed to a variety of educational and recreational interests.
- Children should experience positive effects on their development, which leads to life-long successes.
- Children who attend Before & After School Services programs should benefit by becoming good citizens and contributors to society.
Before and After School Services YMCA
John Mikos, YMCA President/CEO
Steve Scraggs, YMCA Senior Vice President of Youth Development Services
Dawn Butler, Director
Kristi Fate, Assistant Director
Barbie Wright, Administrative Secretary
Georgia Johnson, Account Secretary
Viki Backhus, Patti Ray, and Cassie Hackett, Program Managers
Daily & Early Release Days: 6:30 a.m. - Start of School; End of School - 6 p.m.
Non-School Days: 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Snow Days: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Summer Camp: 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
SLI: 6:30 a.m. - SLI start, SLI end - 6:00 p.m.
Philosophy of Inclusion
Before and After School Services YMCA is strongly committed to providing an inclusive, supportive and nurturing atmosphere where children of all abilities and staff have an opportunity to come together. Our award-winning program is designed to support positive behavior and respectful accommodations for children who have various types of disabilities.