The 117-square-mile Lee’s Summit R-7 School District is recognized nationally for its quality educational programs and commitment to success.
Located in the southeast portion of the Kansas City metropolitan area, the district serves the communities of Lee’s Summit, Greenwood, Lake Lotawana and Lake Winnebago as well as unincorporated areas of eastern Jackson County and also includes a small portion of Blue Springs and Kansas City municipalities.
The Lee’s Summit R-7 School District’s preK-12 enrollment for 2023-24 is approximately 17,810 students.
The district currently includes 18 elementary schools, four middle schools, three high schools, an alternative secondary school, a secondary technology academy, an early education center and a special-education, day-treatment center.
Learn more about R-7 History.
LSR7 is an exemplary school district, graduating students who are college and career ready with the competitive advantage necessary to be successful.
LSR7 reflects a culture of respect and acceptance. Collaboration is an expectation that fosters mutual understanding and a focus on student achievement and staff development.
LSR7 encourages innovation and creativity, recognizing student learning as our fundamental purpose.
- Engaging students in research-based programs in a technology-rich environment.
- Embracing open, honest two-way communication.
- Promoting continuous improvement through data-driven decision-making.
- Sustaining positive relationships among students, staff, families and community members.
- Ensuring a rigorous and relevant learning experience that leads to success for each student.
- Partnering with students in identifying and achieving their learning goals.
- Continuing a safe and caring environment.
We prepare each student for success in life.