A Plus Program
The Lee’s Summit R-7 A+ Schools Program strives to ensure that students are prepared for and successful in life beyond high school.
The A+ Schools Program provides students with continuous, progressive career information throughout the students’ years in the Lee’s Summit School District. The program focuses on ensuring students have course offerings that are rigorous and relevant to the world outside the classroom that will better prepare them for their paths after high school.
An A+ student must:
- Attend an A+ School for six semesters prior to graduation
- Graduate with an unweighted cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (no rounding)
- Graduate with at least a 95 percent cumulative attendance record for grades 9-12
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring to other students in the LSR7 School District
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the use of alcohol and unlawful drugs
- Apply for non-pay back scholarships by completing a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Must score proficient or advanced on the state level Algebra I End of Course Exam or ACT Math sub-score of 17.
How do you become an A+ Student?
It is easy to become part of the A+ Schools Program. Simply read the citizen guidelines and complete the Lee’s Summit A+ Schools Program Agreement. It is recommended that students sign up early in their high school careers. This allows students to complete the tutoring portion of the A+ requirements and receive college and career information from the A+ coordinator. It also allows the coordinator to monitor the students’ GPA and attendance. It is also recommended that students enroll in the A+ Schools Program even if they plan to attend a four-year college or enter the workforce rather than attend college. The Lee’s Summit A+ Schools Program is an opportunity for students to access additional education after high school; it does not obligate them to use the A+ tuition reimbursement. The A+ benefits are available to A+ graduates up to four years after high school graduation or for six semesters.
What are the benefits of being an A+ Student?
- A student graduating with A+ status may be eligible for A+ monies to attend any accredited public Missouri community college or vocational /technical school as a full-time student. Tuition benefits may cover tuition and general fees.
- An A+ student may be eligible for scholarships from four-year colleges and universities.
- The A+ monies may be available to the A+ student up to four years after high school graduation.
- Students graduating from a two-year school may be eligible for transfer scholarships to four-year colleges and universities. For Additional Information about the Lee’s Summit A+ Schools Program contact the A+ coordinator in your building.
For additional information about the Lee’s Summit A+ Schools Program contact the A+ coordinator in your building.